Saturday 18 January 2014

Camembert and Sour Cherry Pastries


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Okay, so I know that I'm almost three weeks late. But I've just been so busy keeping my New Year's resolutions...*it's times like these I think I need a sarcasm font*

Considering one of my goals was to blog more, maybe you can tell that I'm not doing so well in the keeping-resolutions-department. However, absence makes the heart grow fonder or something, right? So really my laziness is a blessing in disguise to you guys :D


But enough about me - how about you guys? Did you have a nice Christmas and New Year? Unlike me, have you been able to actually begin to keep your New Year's resolutions so far? And would you like to learn how to make the most amazing camembert and sour cherry pastries? (Of course you would. Good answer.) Originally, I was meant to upload this as a finger food idea for a New Years Eve party idea...but that didn't really work out somehow. My suggestion is to just throw another party in honour of these pastries because they are just the cutest.

Anyway. I hope the next 49 weeks of your year are amazing and wonderful and everything else that people say on New Year's. Also, just a reminder that Christmas is in 340 days...

I'm so sorry. I'll stop now.

Kenz x


Camembert and Sour Cherry Pastries

2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
Approximately half a round of camembert cheese
1/4 to 1/3 cup of unsweetened cherry jam - you could also use whatever preserves are usually served with cheese, if you wanted to
1 egg, beaten together with 1 tablespoon of milk
Sea salt


  1. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 24 rectangles. If you prefer larger or smaller pastries, then you can change the size to whatever you fancy - just make sure that it is an even number, so that each pastry has a lid.
  2. Lay half of the rectangles on a baking tray. Brush with the egg mixture and lay a slice of camembert - rind and all - onto the rectangle. Top with a small teaspoon of jam and cover with a pastry lid. You may have to stretch the lid a little so that it fits over the top of the cheese-and-preserves.
  3. Crimp the edges with a fork, or a fancy pastry crimper if you have one. I don't. Brush each parcel with more of the egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt.
  4. Bake at 190C for 12 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown. I was a leetle bit impatient and so some of mine weren't quite brown enough. They can be served both warm and room temperature; if they're not all eaten in one sitting (which would surprise me greatly), they should be stored in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis